Monday, September 12, 2011

Collages editing

Photography is a great bridge into the art world for people who claim they don't have an artistic bone in their body along with being an art form in its own right. We're visual creatures and I think we all have potential to make striking images. it is just a matter of getting out of our own way.  



Most definitely I'll change photos into something else. Whether it is a quilt, collage, transfer doesn't really matter. My photos in and of themselves are certainly not works of art, but when I'm done they will be. 



In all but certain specialized cameras, the process of obtaining a usable exposure must involve the use, manually or automatically, of a few controls to ensure the photograph is clear, sharp and well illuminated.
Another way that a friend recently shared with me is to think about digital camera exposure as being like getting a sun tan.
Now getting a suntan is something I always wanted growing up but unfortunately being very fair skinned it was something that I never really achieved. All I did was get burnt when I went out into the sun. In a sense your skin type is like an ISO rating. Some people are more sensitive to the sun than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment